Saturday 29 September 2012

Back in the game

Current location: Hanoi, Vietnam.

Being in China meant being under the "protection" of the Golden Shield, and in case you didn't know, sites like blogspot and facebook are on the blacklist. While I was able to get around the censorship at times, it wasn't really for long enough for me to post anything. (Also I was just plain lazy.)
But now I'm in free Vietnam, where people are allowed to google words like 'freedom', 'Tibet' and 'Dalai Lama', without getting their connection cut so I guess I have no reason not to start updating the blog again. (Aside from my laziness of course.)

I'm going to cover the whole of China in a single post sometime soonish because I have the memory of a goldfish, and what little I remember of China is fading fast.

I might have some trouble posting pictures from China though, as I can't access them at the moment for some reason. I plugged my portable hard-drive in and it started making rather disturbing crunching noises, and while I can open all the folders on the drive, most of the files are "inaccessible". I just hope it's not a head crash, because that would mean I'd have to say buh-bye to almost 3 months worth of pictures and video.
Equipment can be replaced. Memories can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment