Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Beginning pt. 2

I went to my travel agents' after gym yesterday to pick up my passport and joy of joys, I've been granted a 30-day visa to Russia! That and the train ticket to Moscow I picked up last week mean it's on like Donkey Kong. The plan is to spend a week or so in the capital before catching a train to Siberia to check out Lake Baikal.

I'm still missing some gear I need, but as I still have a few weeks untill blastoff, procuring them shouldn't be a problem.
Only problem is weight. My backpack is the Eberlestock Halftrack, which weighs 3,5 kilos when empty and I'm trying to keep my gear under 10 kgs, so packing for what's potentially going to be a year on the road, and doing it in 6,5 kgs is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Beverly Hills Cop is on. Gotta go.


No comments:

Post a Comment